What is Standard DV SSL?
Domain Validation (DV) certificates offer an economical and quick way to implement SSL on your website. Domain Validated certificates verify you own the domain, but do not perform any additional organization-level validation.
Domain Validated certificates are ideal for personal websites, blogs, and social media, or any sites that are not transmitting private and confidential information. A Domain Validated certificate activates the browser padlock and enables the use of HTTPS to assure your website visitors and customers that you take their privacy seriously.
Recommended Use Cases
- RapidSSL® Certificates help you keep your customers' transactions secure with up to 256-bit data encryption and site authentication. Buy a certificate and speed through enrollment with automated domain control validation. Best of all, our SSL certificates are among the most affordable in the industry. We keep our costs down and pass the savings on to you.
GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium
- Secure your website fast. GeoTrust® QuickSSL® Premium certificates are one of the quickest ways for you to start protecting online transactions and applications with SSL. With an automatic authentication and issuance process, it takes just minutes to get your QuickSSL Premium SSL certificate. After that, managing and renewing your certificates is a snap. With GeoTrust, you get inexpensive SSL without sacrificing convenience, choice, or reliability.
What is Organization Validation SSL?
Organization Validated SSL Certificates provide instant identity confirmation and strong SSL protection for your website and business.
OV SSL is an organization validated certificate that gives your website a step up in credibility over domain validated SSL Certificates. It activates the browser padlock and https, shows your corporate identity, and assures your customers that you take security very seriously. Site visitors can verify that the website is operated by a legitimate company and is not an imposter site.
Recommended Use Cases
GeoTrust True BusinessID
- Business-class SSL—only better. When it comes to selecting SSL security for your business, you have a lot of choices. With GeoTrust, the decision is easy. GeoTrust® True BusinessID SSL certificates let your customers know that your site is trustworthy and that you take their security seriously enough to get your certificate from a globally trusted certificate authority.
Contains your Authenticated Organization Details
Certificate details indicate your website is using an Organization Validated SSL Certificate and include the issuing CA, validity status and expiration date.
What is a Wildcard SSL Certificate?
Wildcard SSL allows you to secure an unlimited number of subdomains on a single certificate. It’s a great solution for anyone who hosts or manages multiple sites or pages that exist on the same domain. The one-time cost of the certificate covers you for additional subdomains you may add in the future.
Unlike a standard SSL Certificate that is issued to a single Fully Qualified Domain Name only, e.g. www.yourdomain.com, which means it can only be used to secure the exact domain to which it has been issued, a Wildcard SSL Certificate is issued to *.yourdomain.com, where the asterisk represents all possible subdomains.
Wildcard SSL is an option available for DV and OV SSL Certificates.
- RapidSSL® Wildcard Certificates help you secure multiple subdomains with one low-cost SSL certificate issued to *.yourdomain.com. Protect your customers' personal data with up to 256-bit encryption. Automated domain control validation makes site authentication a breeze. At RapidSSL, we believe in providing the SSL protection you need at a competitive price.
GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard
- Secure your domain and all same level subdomains fast. GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium Wildcard certificates are one of the quickest ways to start protecting all your subdomains on a single certificate. Our automated email authentication process means you get your certificate in minutes. With QuickSSL Premium wildcard certificates, you get unlimited subdomains and on an unlimited number of servers - one certificate that will adapt as your business grows.
GeoTrust True Business ID Wildcard
- Simplify certificate management with the convenience of a Wildcard certificate. GeoTrust® True BusinessID Wildcard certificates allow you to secure multiple subdomains on a single certificate, reducing management time and cost. Whether it's your company's home page or your mail server's hostname, protecting sensitive information is your goal — and it's our goal too.
What is an SSL Certificate and Do I Need One?
SSL Certificates are fundamental to internet security. They are used to establish an encrypted connection and allow data to be transmitted securely between a browser or user’s computer and a server or website.
- Establishes a secure connection between a browser and a server
- Encrypts communication to protect sensitive information your customers provide to you
- Places a padlock next to your web address in the browser
- Authenticates an organization’s identity
Standard SSL (Domain Validated) Certificates are the easiest and most common type of SSL certificate. OV and EV Certificates also authenticate the identity of the company or organization that holds the certificate providing more trust to end-users.
With our SSL certificate services*, you won’t need to take manual steps to configure and deploy new certificates every year. We generate a renewal order automatically when your certificate nears the end of its validity. After payment, we will automatically configure, validate, and provision your new certificate for you.
* Your domain must be hosted through the same hosting provider who sold the SSL certificate, and the server must use cPanel, Plesk, or DirectAdmin.